Saturday, November 5, 2011

Teenage Acne

I have struggled with my son's acne. I have kept him supplied with acne products but nothing was helping. Then I read Jessica Wu's new book, Feed Your Face. She talked about how what we are eating effects our skin. She said that sugar was terrible for acne and that the products containing Salicylic acid (like all the ones I had purchased) did not help for teenage acne. She said that teenage acne was best treated by Benzoyl Peroxide (the same product that is in Proactiv.) I went to Walmart and found that only a a few of the products contained the Benzoyl Peroxide, most contain the Salicylic acid instead. One is an ointment called Zapzyt. Zapzyt has almost totally cleared up my son's acne! What a difference! I totally recommend it.
Just found a $2 mail in rebate on this - expires 12/21/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment